Terms and Conditions of Use
These are the rules of using the site so please take the time to read them.
By using this site you agree to adhere to the rules and be bound by all aspects of them. You also understand that breaking the rules may lead to your account being closed down or in severe cases could result in legal action being taken against you.
We retain the right to cancel your membership at any time for any reason. By entering this site or creating an account you agree to the terms laid out in this document. Please be aware that this document may be edited occasionally so do please check back for updates every now and then. It remains your responsibility to check for updates regularly.
Definitions of this terms and conditions of use document
We, Us, Ourselves is JBF Media Ltd Registered in England and Wales, company number: 12246028.
Site is horsehub.org and any subdomains
You are a visitor to our Site and/or registered user,subscriber or member.
User means any person, firm or company using the Site for any purpose.
Member means any registered user/subscriber
Account means the personal and/or identifying information and credentials used by users to access the services on the site.
Advert means any advertisement placed on the Site (including third party ads such as google ads)
Listing means any listing placed on the site by registered users.
Content means any information, be it in the form of text; graphics; images; audio or video; software and plugins, data and any form of information which could be stored in a computer that appears on the site in articles etc. or that forms part of the site in general.
T&Cs means ‘terms and conditions’ and refers to the terms and conditions of this document as detailed within.
System means the storage system/systems or plugins we use in connection with the site.
Intellectual property is anything which can be stored on a computer such as text audio, video, pictures, graphics etc. that form part of this site including any of the information articles.
1) You understand, accept and agree and that….
1. You are over 18 years of age and being so have the right to make this agreement.
2. You agree that you will only have one Account with us and that all of the information you give to us when you open an account is true, accurate and complete.
3. You agree that should you set up a user name on the site that the username you choose name will not be feature implications of a sexual or vulgar nature, will not contain swear words, will not be racist, homophobic, sexist or offensive to any other group of people and you also agree that your username will not imply that you are someone else, be that another person, a representative of a brand or trade name and you understand and accept that we may insist that you change your username if we consider it to be in breach of the terms laid out in this agreement.
4. You agree that you are not opening an account on for, or in the name of anyone else.
5. You agree that if you choose to follow any links we have on the site that you will read the T&Cs on those sites we link you to and you understand, accept and agree that we are not responsible for anything (including site security) on the sites you visit since it is beyond our control how those sites are run, kept secure and what information they contain and collect.
6. You agree and accept that you do not have the right to copy or use any of the information or intellectual property on the site, other than to use the site. The only exception to this rule is if we have given written permission for you to use any part of our intellectual property.
7. You understand that all of the information and intellectual property on the site is owned by ourselves or our affiliates.
8. We understand that we will have no rights in any content you store in our system other than the rights contained in these T&Cs and that you agree to indemnify us against any and all liabilities which arise as a direct or indirect result of your posting any material to the site.
9. You understand and accept we can make no warranties or assurances that any intellectual property/information posted by users is that which is permitted to be posted by the true owner of that information/intellectual property. This is because we have no means of assessing the content uploaded to the site by users to confirm ownership. We fully support protecting your intellectual property rights so if at any point you have reason to believe that someone has breached your rights regarding intellectual property do please let us know and we shall remove the material which is in breach provided however that you can prove ownership.
10. You agree that you won’t use any spiders, scrapers, robots or similar on our site and that you will not try to get around and cheat anything we put in place to stop or limit access to parts of the site or to attempt to cheat any function that requires payment such as our ‘ad promotion’ options, packages or subscriptions.
11. You agree that will not do anything that may cause our site or system to crash.
12. You agree that you will not steal any part of the site or information(including html, php, css coding etc.) contained within it and use it in another site or application.
13. You agree that you will not borrow any part of the site or information contained within it and use it in another site or application.
14. You agree that you will not copy any part of the site or information contained within it and use it in another site or application.
15. You agree that you will not use any information contained within the site to insight hate or intimidation upon another user/member or group of people.
16. You agree that you won’t try to edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with this site, its system or the services it offers(this is to also include attempts to modify or adapt or translate)
17. You agree that you will not copy, imitate or use the logo and/or designs or anything else on the site.
2) Privacy & Cookies agreement
3) How you use the site
1. You accept that the primary purpose of the Site is to re-home horses within the UK, to offer stallions for stud, allow people to sell their horse related second hand items, as well as advertise equestrian and country jobs and services. You agree that if you are advertising/listing anything via the platform, that you have discussed your licensing requirements with your local council/government guidelines and that you have the necessary animal activities license that you require. Anyone found to be stating they are licensed in their listings or on their profile but that do not hold the licences they proclaim will be required to remove the license details from their listings, adverts and profile until they acquire the appropriate licence. Refusal to comply with this will result in your account will being deleted.
2. You agree that if you are advertising/listing anything on the site that requires by law a formal qualification such as for example, a ‘farrier’, that you or the person performing the work/activity hold the necessary minimal qualification/s as required by law in the country where the work/service is to be carried out. Anyone found to be stating they are qualified in their listings or on their profile but that do not hold the qualifications they proclaim or those who are found to be performing activities that require qualifications but that do not hold those qualifications will be required to remove the listing until they have attained the required level of qualification for the work/activity/service advertised. Refusal to comply with this will mean your account will be deleted.
4) Your Account
You warrant and agree:
1. That the details you enter in your Account are complete and accurate in all respects.
2. That you will not use the free ‘private seller’ ads package if you are a business and using the site in the course of business such as for example: a professional dealer advertising horses for sale. Anyone found to be using a private seller package for business advertising will be given the opportunity to purchase as business package or to remove their listings. Failure to purchase a business package or remove the listings will result in your account being deleted.
5) Our Ad Posting Rules
You warrant and agree that you will comply with the following conditions when posting any advert on horsehub.org
1. Foals must be at least 6 months of age before they leave their mother.
2. Adverts must be posted in the correct category and disclose its full breed. If the horse is a cross breed that must be stated clearly in your description and advertised in the mixed breed category/other horses/partbred category as appropriate..
3. Photos must be of the actual equine you wish to re-home or offer for stud and not one from the internet or elsewhere. If advertising foal, you must also upload photos of their dam (and sire if possible).
4. You will clearly state whether you are using the services we offer as a private individual, Dealer, breeder or rescue center.
5. Any equine(s) you advertise as a private seller must be owned by yourself. If you are advertising a foal, they must be owned and have been bred by yourself.
6. Do not advertise equines as gifts or presents, e.g. for Christmas, Easter or Valentine’s day.
7. Equines advertised for re-homing must be located in the UK and the location stated on your listing must be the actual location where the animal is currently and permanently housed.
8. You have clearly identified all known health and welfare issues associated with any equine you wish to re-home.
9. If the equine you wish to re-home is registered with any governing body, i.e. CHAPS, KWPN, FPS etc. you must state the this in your advertisement and be able to provide all paperwork to verify that registration if required.
10. All equines offered for sale/re-homing must be passported and microchipped in accordance with UK law.
11. We do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to advertise an equine for sale, adoption or stud on the website. Also, we do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the website to contact an advertiser. If you are advertising an equine via the HORSEhub website, you must ensure anyone adopting or buying your equine is at least 18 years of age.
12. In order to meet PAAG’S minimum standards we reserve the right to refuse any advert(s) that may compromise them.
13. We reserve the right to decline any adverts or ban, close or suspend any users account if we suspect you are behaving in an irresponsible way.
14. If you break any of the above rules, we may end all or any adverts you have placed with us and close your account.
15. If you purchased an advert/listing package but had your account closed for seriously breaching the terms and conditions laid out in this document then no money will be owed to you no matter how many days are left remaining for your advert to be live and visible on the site, or how many adverts are left still unused in your package. In addition, the amount spent on promotional upgrades to your submitted ad will also not be refunded (either in full or in part) since these will only apply to ads which have already been submitted.
If you want to benefit from the site to its fullest extent and if we ask you to do so, you must create an account which will contain certain personal details. When you create an account you understand, agree and promise that:
1. All information you submit is complete, accurate and truthful.
2. You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
3. You must enter your correct full address before placing an advert. This must include your house number, street address and postcode. We may ask you to verify your home address; however, we will not publish your address on the website.
4. You will use only one account to advertise any equines you own or breed. For example you will not create and use multiple accounts under different names and addresses to attempt to hide the actual number of equines you breed or advertise.
5. If we receive complaints regarding your account, you must resolve any issues to both the customers and our own satisfaction.
6. You will not share your account with anyone, or advertise equines on your account on behalf of other people.
7. You will keep your account details confidential and secure.
8. You will not give your password and login details to anyone else.
9. You will log off when you exit the Account – to prevent unauthorized use by others.
10. Your account will be closed by us if you break these T&Cs.
11. Your account may be closed by us at any time, if we give you notice to that effect by email, to the last email address you used on your account or the one you last used to communicate with us.
12. If your account is closed, for any reason, you will not be entitled to any form of compensation for any loss you might suffer as a result. You may however; depending on the circumstances and individual case, be entitled to a refund as laid out in the refunds policy and as detailed above in Section 5) point 15.
13. If you do anything which we think might be fraud or otherwise criminal in nature, we have the right to report those actions to the Police and any money standing to the credit of your account may be kept by us to cover the costs we put into dealing with your fraud or criminal activity.
14. If we ask you to, you must authenticate your email address and your personal details with us and if you change your address at any other time you must tell us and authenticate it again.
15. If you have not authenticated your current email address with us and/or if it cannot accept emails from us and/or you mark our emails as spam, abusive or junk then, and in any such event, we may terminate your account without notice to you.
16. If we earn any commission on any transaction in which we are involved or any interest on the money deposited in relation to your account we may keep that commission and/or interest.
17. We may keep any commission relating to any purchases you make from using any affiliate links that appear throughout the site.
7) Contacting an Advertiser
- You acknowledge and agree that we are not able to check the truth or accuracy of any statement made by any person advertising on HORSEhub.
- You accept that you have the responsibility to verify all statements made and all documentation offered by any advertiser.
- You confirm that you have read the ‘Buying Guide’ we post on the site.
- You understand that we advise that you never send any money online to an advertiser for a deposit or full payment for an equine without seeing the animal first.
- You accept and acknowledge that we do not have any means of verifying the honesty of any advertiser and that if you do send money using an online service, we have no responsibility to you if, and when you lose that money.
- You should confirm that the advertiser is a genuine person. You can do this by visiting the advertiser and equine at the equines permanent place of residence/keeping, if they make excuses or try to ask for money or a deposit without you seeing the equine, or if the advertiser attempts to deliver the equine or meet you at any other location than the animal’s permanent place of residence/keeping, then please do not agree to this.
- When using the message seller option to contact an advertiser, any details you enter will be forwarded directly to the advertiser so they can contact you directly.
- When sending an message/email to our advertisers through our services, you accept that we cannot guarantee that the email will be delivered successfully. We do have functionality in place to prevent certain emails from being sent through our service. Also, some advertisers email accounts may mark the emails as spam and therefore may never receive the email to their inbox. It is for this reason we recommend telephoning where possible.
8) Cancellation By Us
As previously mentioned in other points, we have the absolute right to cancel any advert which you place on the site and/or to cancel your account:
With immediate effect and without notice if we know or suspect that you have broken any of these terms and conditions.
With immediate effect, if we give you notice to that effect by email, and if for any reason we, in our absolute discretion, see fit to do so.
You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation should we choose to cancel an advertisement or your account, whether with or without reason.
9) Cancellation By You
You agree that, for the purposes of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, that where no “sale” is involved in the services we provide and that you have no right to cancel this Agreement. Where a “sale” is involved, for example the purchase of a paid advertising package, that should you wish to cancel your account at any time you will be entitled to a refund as laid out in our refunds policy, the link for which can be found in the footer of the HORSEhub website.
- We can’t promise that the site will meet your needs, that it will work properly, that it will be fit for a particular purpose and that it will not infringe the rights of others.
- We can’t promise that the site will work with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate.
- Any advice given on the site is general in nature and may not apply to you and/or your circumstances or that of your animals. Unless the advice is given to you as part of a paid for service we offer on the site, you must take steps to double check that that advice is effective for you.
- We will not be responsible for any financial loss or any party, physical or mental damage to yourself or others, death of yourself, others or any animal/s in your care or who you are otherwise responsible for at the time, damage to any property belonging to yourself or to others, or damage or any otherwise negative effects experienced by any animal caused by you following any general information or advice published on this site.
- It remains you full responsibility to ensure that your actions, or lack thereof, are based on thorough research and where applicable; professional advice and you understand and accept that following any general advice is not always appropriate for your situation and may result in loss, damage, ill health or death.
- If concerning the health or welfare of any animal it is your responsibility to seek the appropriate veterinary or otherwise professional advice.
- We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage caused by material on the site, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur.
- Because we cannot know and understand your personal circumstances, we cannot guarantee that any suggestion in any material we provide will cause any specific outcome and any and all such material is provided by way of general suggestion only and not in any form of warranty on our part as to any outcome you may achieve.
- The only rights you have under these T&Cs are those mentioned within them. If a right is not mentioned (unless it is a right given to you under the laws of England and Wales) then it does not exist.
11) Problems and Complaints
- We do our best to make sure that you do not experience any problems but if you do, you must tell us immediately.
- We will work hard to resolve the problem as quickly as possible and without any charge to you if we agree that you have a problem.
- If you wish to raise a complaint about us or any other user, please send full details of that complaint to us using the contact page which can be found in the footer of the HORSEhub website. If we agree that your complaint has merit we will, at our discretion, contact any other user involved, suspend an advert which as caused an issue and take any other steps we deem appropriate to resolve the complaint.
- We do not operate a formal complaints procedure and will deal with all complaints in the manner which we feel is the most reasonable way forward at the time and in light of the individual complaint.
- You have various rights under these Terms and Conditions and at law and nothing in these Terms and Conditions will have any effect on any of your legal rights.
12) Availability of the Site
- While we work hard to ensure a reliable user experience and aim for continuous availability of the site and its services/features, we never guarantee that the site or the system or all of its features will be available all the time and if it’s not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result.
- We have the right to change the site and the services, and features it offers, as well alter the prices for certain features/products the way it operates and/or suspend it or stop it at any time.
- We also have the right to run any promotional operations as we deem fit. This may or may not for example, result in business users being granted permission to advertise for free from time to time. We cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred by you or any other party caused indirectly or directly by the addition or removal of any special offers, promotions, services, features or any other aspect of the site.
13) Limitation of Liability
- We have limited resources and cannot guarantee that we will respond to any message you send to us, within a specific timeframe or at all. Whilst we will always do our best to respond to you, we will have no liability if we are unable to do so.
- Please bear in mind that we are a platform for the display of equines for re-homing, equine services, jobs, items including trailers for sale etc and have no facilities for and neither do we offer any vetting service of the advertisers.
- We have no control over any transaction in which you are involved, neither can we verify the truth of any statements made in an advert. Before you agree to re-home or to supply any animal, buy any item or apply for any job or purchase any services or items you agree to take all the precautions needed to make sure that the person with whom you are dealing has been open and honest.
- You enter into any transaction with any other user of this site at your own risk.
- We do not accept any liability if you are using the services we supply for commercial purposes.On behalf of us and anyone who works with or for us (as far as we are allowed by law) we deny liability for any losses of all kinds which you incur from using the services we offer, visiting the site and using the system.
- We will have no liability on the ending of any advertisement you have placed on the site, if either you or we terminate your account.
- If we are found to be liable for any loss you sustain, you accept and agree that our liability is limited to the direct losses you have sustained and will not include any loss to your goodwill, profit or reputation or any indirect, special or consequential losses of any nature and you agree that the maximum amount you may recover in respect of any direct losses is limited to £100.00.
- We condone any illegal activity including theft and the reselling of stolen goods. We cannot be held responsible for stolen goods being offered for sale since we have no means of vetting every single advert and verifying if the item is stolen or not. If you see an item being advertised that you believe to be stolen or otherwise being sold on illegally as part of a criminal activity then you must report it to both ourselves and the police. If necessary and appropriate based on the findings of investigation into the matter will remove the advert and account associated with it.
- You agree that regarding potentially stolen property being advertised that it is your responsibility to find out if the item or animal you are potentially buying is being sold legally and that you should do so before any money changes hands. If in any doubt we recommend that you walk away and do not complete any transaction with the seller.
- Nothing in these T&Cs excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
14) Links to Other Websites
- We don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them.
- Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
- We can never guarantee that a link will work.
- If you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it.
- If you link to any other site using our site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
- This site contains affiliate links and we may or may not earn a small commission at no cost to you should you choose to use any of the links on this site.
15) Modifications of These Terms and Conditions & the Site
- Though this has already been covered in previous sections of this document, it must be made absolutely clear that these T&Cs may change from time to time and we don’t have the resources to let all our visitors on an individual basis know about the changes. As a result you MUST come back to this page to make sure that we haven’t changed the T&Cs and whenever you access the site, you are confirming to us that you are aware of any changes.
- We’ve also got the right to change the site as and when we want to, but these T&Cs will still apply to any changes we make.
16) Additional general points
1. Operative Law – this agreement is made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern it.
2. Partnership/Joint Ventures – we and you agree that this agreement does not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
3. Effect of Agreement – this Agreement supersedes any previous agreement between the parties in relation to the matters dealt with in them and represents the entire understanding between the parties.
4. Time of the Essence – time will not be of the essence in any part of this Agreement.
5. Warranties – all parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into this agreement with us in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these T&Cs.
6. Force Majeure – if something outside our control happens and that prevents us from performing our services then you accept that we are not liable for the consequences of that failure (this includes such things as strikes, riots, fires, explosions, war, floods and so on). If such an event does happen we will tell you as soon as we are able and resume the service as soon as we can. If we cannot perform the service within a reasonable time, we can cancel it and if we do cancel it for those reasons we will refund to you a fair and reasonable proportion of any payment you have made to us.
7. Enforceability – if a Court or other body says that any part of these T&Cs is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
8. Notices – if either you or we need to give formal notice to the other it must be done by email to the address that each of us gives to the other from time to time.
9. Entire Agreement – these T&Cs contain the entire understanding